Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients (CRISP) implements MazikCare Covid-19 Test Scheduling App
Healthcare providers in the state of Maryland were overwhelmed with patients in need of testing during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, designated Vehicle Emission Inspection Program (VEIP) facilities in Maryland were being repurposed as drive-through testing options.
Maryland’s Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients (CRISP), a statewide nonprofit health information exchange, needed an immediate solution to help with scheduling appointments for COVID-19 testing. Leveraging the power of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and PowerApps, Mazik Global quickly created an appointment scheduler for field testing sites on the PowerApps Web Portal.
On the patient side:
- Once a provider orders a test for a patient, the patient receives a text message with a link to book a testing time
- The patient clicks on the text link and lands on a web page where they confirm their name, phone number, and zip code
- The patient then reviews a list of available nearby facilities and selects an available time slot
- Alternatively, the patient can make an appointment on a phone call with a live agent. The agent books the appointment and sends the patient details via email or text
- Next, the patient receives a text confirming their time and location, along with a unique QR code for check-in
- The patient receives a reminder with the time and location 24 hours before their appointment
- Upon arrival at the facility, the patient has their QR code scanned for touch-free check-in
On the facilitator side:
- A facilitator with a mobile device uses the PowerApp to scan the patient’s QR code or search for the patient’s record
- Patient data is centralized across all participating field-testing facilities and connects to patient EMRs/EHRs
- Available appointment slots synch with available resource management to ensure open slots do not exceed number of test kits or personnel available
- Solution was designed, tested, configured, and production-ready in just 4 days
“Due to the power of the MazikCare, the Dynamics 365 Platform, and unparalleled skill of our passionate team, this entire solution was designed, configured, tested, and production ready in just 4 days. I am proud of our team and our solutions.” John Bowdler – VP of Service, Mazik Global
Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients (CRISP), is a nonprofit organization designated by the Maryland Health Care Commission as Maryland’s statewide health information exchange (HIE) and serves both Maryland and the District of Columbia.